Thursday 8 March 2007

Czech Republic 3, Andorra 1

It's said that football is the glue that keeps nations together, and we're not talking about the stuff in Rebecca Loos's hair either (boom-boom! ...sorry that's a cheap plagiarism taken from the Guardian's Fiver). But in fact I'm not referring to the beautiful game here at all, and nor am I alluding to football, although certainly you can expect much talk of rugby later in the year. I'm really talking here about the new razzmatazz widget I placed on the blog three days ago which provides lots of interesting statistics on the hits the blog is receiving. Combined, Andorra and China are almost up there with CZ. Good to see the good people of Estadi Comunal punching above their weight. Of our Czech fanbase, I note that one hit came curtesy of the Tiscali ISP, which would indicate that Our Man In Liberec is keeping a silent watch over us. G'day mate. Hope you're getting some sleep. No hits though from the UK, Canada or Idaho.

I was going to s-l-o-w d-o-w-n m-y r-a-t-e o-f p-o-s-t-i-n-g in order to give you the chance to make comments before each post got archived, but it looks like the Andorrans and the Chinese are too shy to write anything down. I did get an ah-style email from wee Stacey the other day, but in one foul swoop she used up her correspondence quota for the next five years...

And before I sign off, I just wanted to share this little pearl from today's Fiver:
"But like a tramp panhandling to raise money for a $ex change op, the Fiver begs to differ." Rather clever, I thought.

7 comments:

Kivak said...

Wayheh! Second-Choice Steve McLaren has got England scoring at last. They're only one goal behind the Czech Republic now, with the latter having scored one more over night. Lithuania is now in the running, too - maybe Road Warrior is on another jaunt to the East.

Kivak said...

Wayheh! I just love commenting on my own posts!

Kivak said...

It gives the impression of a large readership.

Rotten said...

...piece o' shit won't post my comment...there we go...but where's all that shit I just typed??? Gone? I have to start over? Fuck that...This thing is worse than the fuckin mail marshall...my invite to post has expired so renew my shit, Kivaku...

Rotten said...

Hey man, sorry I got a little harsh there in that last comment but I had just written a response to your e-mail that was turned back by your fucking mail marshal (don't get me started on that fucking thing again...you know my feelings on that fucking asinine piece of nanny-state naziware) after which I tried to reiterate what I'd said in the e-mail via a comment here and the fuckin blog wanted identity confirmation or some shit which I offered and was accepted but only after the fucker had deleted the message I had so painstakingly composed...but balls to all that; it's a hard-knock world for those of us lacking an opposable thumb...

But what I wanted to say in the e-mail (and I will not resend it; no fucking way will I offer that mail marshall motherfucker the dignity of my compliance) was that I'll get some stuff out in the next coupla weeks and that you, Kivak, should keep the fresh material coming...doing worry about the rest of us slobs...wank that MF morning noon and night, run the typer all day long...embrace the Wanker's Motto, Kivak: 'If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself!'

ROTTEN OUT

Kivak said...

Rotten dude, you need to see someone about that Tourette's Syndrome of yours. Don't worry - I'll arrange a jailbreak for that message of yours. I know the mail marshall's deputies.

Kivak said...

Whoa! Heavy scoring there coming in from Jihlava, almost putting the Czech Republic up there with NZ. Almost up to rugby score proportions now, which is probably rather apt, as I suspect Le Frenchman's on the case.