Thursday 12 April 2007

The final flourish...until the inevitable next time

Mhyeeeeeee! Good advice there Rotten from the last post. It did indeed get to me in time, but as much as I wanted to print it off, frame it in gold lame, present it to Frau Torquemada and rest my case, I ended up only using snippets of it in today's highly amusing tete-a-tete (sorry about the lack of accents here PAM). Actually it wasn't an intimate head-to-head at all, as Our Big Fat Greek Pudding was there as well taking notes; I just hope she took down the right notes, i.e. the bits where I paraphrased Rotten. I managed to squeeze in a reference to buttering the toilet paper, but I think it sailed past them and wasn't entered into the minutes (I'll post a copy once I get hold of it - I told them I wanted a copy to share among all my mates). I was taken to task for not giving due respect to what was a 'very serious' matter, to which I replied that their little bureaucratic process was about as serious as George Bush winning a two-thirds Senate majority to amend the constitution to allow him a third term in office. I think that one sailed past as well. And I asked whether the two alleged sites I'd been viewing (one a Skype-style online chat site that has recently morphed into a peep site for pervs and the other a dating site where I was looking for pick-ups for the brother-in-law) were anything like viewing something like - another Rotten line - cumguzzlinggrannies.com.

To cut a half-hour story short, I eventually delivered the coup-de-grace and final flourish by presenting her with my resignation letter and signing it in front of her. Went down like a cup of cold sick, just as I anticipated. Life would be a little dull without some drama from time to time.

No comments: